Tuesday, June 20, 2006

19th June Meeting

First of all, Julia sent apologies but she didn't have the best of days yesterday. Julia, we all missed you and hope you to see you soon.

Last night we had 6 new members (yay!) and it meant that most of the discussion was done in small groups. We might have to find another way of setting up the tables so that we can all talk together. I hate missing things :) Because of this we didn't organise Tiptree, but it seems that there may be a problem as it is Summer and getting everybody together is going to be hard. I think next month when we don't have the shock of a lot of new members, unless it happens again, we will make a more concerted effort to see who's about and when. Jenny, I hope your diary turns up. Two of our new ladies were asked/cajoled/convinced/forced to give us crochet lessons soon so we'll get that organised too.

Hmm, a lot of 'going to' - will we get organised I wonder? Never mind, it's all good fun :D

Let's do this properly. What was everyone making? Jenny was struggling with a sock, but Tracy tried to get her to calm down and get the thing done, Chris was knitting a Clanger for her grandson, Kathy was doing something 'pretty in pink' but I couldn't see that far down the table. We had Thelma and Ann/e knitting little tiny dolls to put into margarine tub beds, Tracy's still knitting stocking stitch in a lovely marl and it's getting on her nerves, Michelle mostly read books and moaned her way through Simply Knitting - especially those beach bunnies ;) but did some of her lovely Birch shawl which is neeeeeaaaarly done. I messed up my Clapotis and had to tink, Sally's doing a lovely bilberry-coloured jacket, Janet was doing Charity knitting, Ann/e was knitting something with lovely stitch patterns but I had no chance to ask her what. She's very keen and is going to have a fleece from Linda and do the whole thing from scratch. Linda was crocheting a very pretty white lacey top .... I think that's it. Apologies for those who I didn't get to see what they were doing. Last night was just too exciting. We had 'Pub Knitting', 'A Gathering of Lace', an Emma King book of funky knits ..... I tell you what ...... 9.30 comes around too soon :D

Next meeting 31st July. We weren't sure whether to go every 4 weeks or stick to 'the last Monday of the month' but we'd miss Michelle and Linda if we went in 4 weeks from now so last Monday of the month it is.

4 Comments:

Blogger Minnieknits said...

OK, a fair degree of anti- SK moaning from me but I did guffaw at the last page - grown men in funky fur nappies? Just too scary for words! lol!
It was a great meeting, just feels like we're going from strength to strength (thanks to the enormous support of Jenny - hope she has a restful and enjoyable holiday!)
For those who may be curious - I had my scan today and every thing is present and correct, along with an extra bit - yes, its a boy!
Ann, I expect, nay demand, a full report on Woolfest at the next meeting along with a good look at any purchases made - have a great time!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrates Michelle on the blue-one, it will not be BUMP anymore.
Great meeting but know what Tina meens by arranging the tables!!
Look forward to next meeting.
Tracy

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
I've finally made the comments, thanks to Tina's tuition. Congrats on the the little one, Michelle, that means you'll have a pigeon pair doesn't it?
I'm really pleased with the way this group is going. John said there was a real buzz when he came back in on Monday night.
We'll all put our heads together on how to arrange the tables for the best. I went straight home & google Woolfest & I've decided it's a MUST for next year & I'm not going away these 2 weeks again, there's just too much going on.
Jenny

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet such a keen bunch of folks on Monday. I'll be looking forward to the August meeting.
Linda - I'd love to come and pick up a fleece - just let me know where and when.
Anne

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home