Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dates

Another lovely meeting last night. 9 of us were there and we know 2 were on holiday and Julia couldn't get there because of a late one at work, so that's still a dozen. Glad you're still with us Julia. We missed you again and hope you can come next time. Next meet will be 4th September as it's Jenny's birthday in August, and then we'll have another one on 25th September.

Suggested dates from Jenny for the rest of the year:
"30th Oct; 27th November & 18th December [might be too close to Christmas, but perhaps we could have a meal or something?] What about 25th Sept for crochet evening? I think we'd better fit in an extra Monday for a joint meeting with Chelmsford, the way things are looking. Knitting & Stitching Show is 12th-15th October.
Possible Sats for visit to Cheap Shop are:
16th; 23rd Sept."

If anyone has any comments about those dates please add them. I'll email Vicki from Chelmsford to say that we would like her to come to a meet to show us her sock yarn, maybe the November one, as long as she isn't hoping for a certain amount of sales, which we might not be able to fulfill. Actually, before I do that, I think I will do a count of how many people MIGHT be interested, as if it's only 2 or 3 then I don't want her to make a journey she might not think was worth it. We can do that on 4th September maybe.

Erm, I think that's it. Happy Knitting :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed Woolfest to find out the dates for 2007 & theyr'e 29th-30th June 2007. Go to http://www.woolfest.co.uk/ to see what happened this year. It looks really good, gives us time to plan.
Hope this works.
Jenny

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good meeting !! Sally has inspired me to obtain some wire for a bit of experimenting and Tracy has supplied me with the Devon pattern which is now on my list of things to knit!
I would be interested in the Sock yarn night with Vicki (can't resist a good looking ball of Opal!)
25th Sept - Crochet night sounds good if Lindas happy to do it.
Dates for the rest of the meetings - October may be a no for me but I'll try not to miss more than one and a joint meeting with Chelmsford would be interesting too.
Are we going to have an advertising campaign this month? If so, Tina, can you mail me a poster so I can get a few up?

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that you Michelle? You're incognito ;) I'll guess it is if you're not going to be available in October, lol. OK, posters on their way!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All done, Michelle. Just let me know if you don't get it and I'll try again :)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All,

I can do either date for the Cheap Shop visit, and the dates for meetings are fine by me.

A word of warning about the wire knitting - it seriously damages your fingertips, maybe knitting with thimbles on is the answer!

So as well as knitting with wire, I have a new neice to knit for, so currently tulip bootees (in very purple) are on the go.

See you all September.

Sally

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

I shall be happy to crochet on 25/9 but I will not be there on the 4th (unfortunately am at work that week!!).
Thanks for info on next year's Woolfest I shall be there with 5 fleeces for sale - hopefully.
See you on the 25th

Linda

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home