Monday, September 25, 2006

Excellent meeting with Crochet Lesson!

I think there were a dozen of us tonight (plus one 10 year old hanger-on, hehe) which is excellent. We had two new ladies - welcome to Enid and Jean - and the 'old faithfuls' were all there apart from Tracy who has had flu and sends apologies. Get well soon Tracy, we missed you.

Linda did a wonderful job of trying to teach us to crochet, and I think some of us did better than others, lol. It's amazing just how long you have to make a chain until the tension is right! I think with a bit of practise at home we might get there eventually ;o)

Sally has finished her lovely knitted necklace, and has just been left with stubs of fingers, bless her :)

Michelle sailed in like a galleon and got the weight off her poor swollen feet immediately. We all wish you well and a safe delivery sometime during the next month. We can't wait to see him :)

I'll be writing to the lady from Chelmsford group to see if we can meet up with them in Boreham some time in November, when we can have a look at her sock yarn and meet some more Essex knitters.

If I've forgotten anything please add comments or make a post of your own if it works for you. Can someone tell me the date of the next meeting? On a previous post it says 30th October but I think 23rd was being mentioned at the meeting. Is it always the last Monday of the month? I think that's what was decided but I get in a muddle with it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see such a good turnout last night & to welome Jean & Enid. The next meeting is 30th [last Monday] as far as I remember. Thanks to Julia for giving us all a list of sites to explore. Sounds like a good idea to try to get together with Chelmsfordin November. Is anyone else going to Alexandra Palace, I hope to go on Sunday although I have a stall at Cressing Temple Food Fayre that weekend! Good luck Michelle, Let us all know when HE arrives, be aware that a girl who works for us in Sudbury was ASSURED that she was having a girl & out popped Ryan!!!
Have a good month
Jenny

7:36 AM  
Blogger The Wool Gatherers said...

Thanks Jenny :) And sorry I forgot to mention your printouts Julia, they were great.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Julia, I'll make that into a post.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

Thanks for the good wishes all !
Jenny, don't frighten me - everything I've got in the nursery is blue ! lol!
Hope to see you all at the November meeting, a mere shadow of the person you saw earlier this week (galleon ? You cheeky mare Tina !)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, there's no smiley there. I hope you aren't offended. You have to admit you're carrying a whole lot of baby in there :)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all sounds like I missed a good meeting. Good luck michelle hope all goes well.
I will have to learn to crochet another time.
The blue tazzle jumper is finished and I will bring it with me next meeting.
Any date in Nov is good for me to go to Boreham.
C U all at the end of October
Tracy
P.S.- I have got rid of the lurgy, it did make me feel bad, lots of lemsip and tissues!!!!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home