Thursday, November 09, 2006

Report at last and Boreham

I mostly can't remember what happened at the last meeting as it's been a bit of a mad week. Michelle made it and looked remarkably well after what she had to go through. Her stories gave me more gray hairs but it was lovely to see her and hear about Thomas :) Sally was 'knitting a river' (untangling one by the looks of things!) Tracy has finished her lovely i-cord jumper, Christine was finishing a blanket for her new grandson (Congratulations Johanna!) I couldn't see Jenny or Cathy very well (we must sort out the tables so we're not split into 2 groups that don't manage to talk) and Jean and Enid were both knitting what looked like really nice things but yet again we weren't 'mingling' sufficiently.

On the night, Cathy, Michelle and Sally couldn't make it to Boreham, Jenny and I managed to miss a turning because we were gassing and were a little late and Linda didn't turn up, so we hope you're ok Linda and we feel like we haven't seen you for ages. Was it our crocheting that put you off?? :D Hope to see you next meeting. Tracy was there wearing her i-cord jumper and very nice it looked too.

The Boreham ladies made us feel very welcome and are a very nice crowd, we'll be going again ;) It was lovely to meet you. Jenny found that she had been at school with one lady (sorry, I don't remember names yet) and so they talked a lot and knitted very little. Tracy, Jenny and myself all bought some sock wool from Vicki which made Tracy very happy indeed and we saw some lovely knitting, beadwork AND card-craft going on. They're a crafty lot! We're hoping they might come to Braintree after Christmas to join us.

I think that's it, please add comments. Especially you Linda, we want to know you're ok. And Julia we're hope you're still 'with us' and doing ok too.

Next meeting 27th November.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. All I can say is that I have had the flu and this morning is the first time I have been out of bed for 4 days! BUT the really annoying thing is that I couldn't go to Boreham.

and no teaching you lot to crochet didn't put me off but the last meeting fell on a day I was at work. So I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Just going now to have another dose of day or night nurse I have lost track. See you soon.

Linda

8:22 AM  
Blogger The Wool Gatherers said...

Oh no, Linda, that's horrible, hope you recover soon. Don't worry, we'll definitely be going back to Boreham after Christmas. See you at the end of November hopefully :)

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks I am now a lot better. Had to go back to work yesterday !

Sorry won't be able to make it on the 27th as it is a work day.

See you soon.
Linda

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're better but it's a shame we won't see you in November. We might have to go back to making sure everyone can come instead of doing a blanket 'last Monday of the month', like we did in the Summer months. It wouldn't matter if it was sometimes different would it? We'll have to talk about it.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home